Delagua Single Incubator
- Designed to carry out six basic tests to measure the quality of drinking water – microbiological quality, turbidity, free chlorine, total chlorine, pH and temperature
- 44A°C incubator chamber for analysis of faecal coliforms
- Internal battery, sealed within the case housing, which can be re-charged from mains or a car battery
- Membrane filtration unit using 47mm 0.45?m pore size membrane filters
- 16-test capacity
- The original water testing kit for faecal coliforms, turbidity, chlorine, pH and temperature. Complete portability for testing in remote areas.
- The Oxfam-DelAgua Single Incubator Water Testing Kit, designed for microbiological water monitoring via detection of indicator organisms (faecal coliforms) for E. coli, cholera, salmonella and other faecal water borne pathogens, is the most popular portable water testing system in the developing world. Built with an internal battery, it is capable of up to 5 incubation cycles between recharges making it completely independent for a full week of off-site surveying. The kit was designed to help provide information about the safety of water supplies in difficult situations where laboratory facilities do not exist. Designed to carry out six basic tests to measure the quality of drinking water the kit is primarily used in the field, but may also be used in a laboratory or other permanent locations.
- The kit can be supplied with a range of accessories and upgrades that will increase the scope of your water quality monitoring. It has been upgraded into a Pelican Case for easy carrying and durability. Each kit is provided with a complete pack of consumables for 200 plates and a range of spares and replacement parts are available for all equipment and apparatus. Please enquire for details.
You will need the following items to start testing:
- Pressure cooker or portable steriliser or access to an autoclave e.g. in a hospital.
- Methanol (approx 1 ml per test)
- Distilled water
- 1 litre measuring cylinder or beaker
- Clean cloths
The kit will perform the following tests:
Thermotolerant (faecal) Coliform Count:
The kit includes a portable, battery-powered incubator capable of making five cycles of incubation. Thermotolerant (faecal) Coliform counts can be obtained within 14 to 18 hours of sampling giving a reliable indication of sanitary risk without need for transport or laboratory facilities.
A measure of the amount of suspended matter in a water supply. Suspended material may consume chlorine disinfectants and require treatment before disinfection.
Chlorine & pH Tests:
Many emergency water supplies are dosed with chlorine disinfectant to ensure their safety for drinking. These tests allow rapid assessment of chlorine levels and aid the efficient control of dosing thereby ensuring that enough chlorine is present to safeguard the supply.
A conductivity meter is provided as an optional component of the kit. Conductivity provides an indication of contamination e.g. saline intrusion or sewage pollution. Additional equipment can be included on request.
- Basic Incubator in Pelican Case
- Sterile Pasteur Pipettes (3ml) for easy transfer of media x 10
- Filter Funnel
- Aluminium Gasket
- Bronze Discs x 2
- O-rings x 2
- Complete Kit Weight: 10kg
- Dimensions: 34.4 x 14.6 x 29.7cm
- Test Capacity: 16
- Filter Size: 47mm / 0.45Aµm pore size
- Incubator Temperature: 44A°C